Italian Chicken Vegetable Pizza
This is a fast, simple, inexpensive pizza, but that does not stop it being a gourmet treat. It is one of the most attractive pizzas you will ever eat, with ripe olives, fresh mushrooms, red tomato sauce, and red pepper pieces.
It uses readily available ingredients, and can be made either with a premade crust, or with your favorite pizza dough recipe. It is sure to please the whole family, either way. Use your preferred canned or jarred pizza sauce with this Italian pizza, or top it with a great homemade pizza sauce recipe instead. This is one chicken pizza that no one you serve it to is going to forget!
When making Italian recipes, and pizza in particular, it pays to choose the nicest-looking, most colorful ingredients to grace the top of it, to add a charming and appetizing look, and to make every slice look irresistible. Frozen pizza might look nice on the box (and it has to really, else nobody would be buying it) but more often than not when it comes out of the oven all you have is a big plateful of disappointment. The same can definitely not be said about homemade pizzas, especially the following Italian chicken vegetable pizza. Not only does this boast so many colors and flavors, but it also tastes fresh and simply wonderful.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Your favorite pizza crust
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and diced coarsely
- ½ pound fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1 cup of your favorite pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Lightly grease a twelve inch pizza pan and press dough into pan.
- Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat and cook vegetables and chicken about five minutes, or until chicken is tender to the fork. Spread pizza sauce onto dough and spoon chicken mixture evenly onto sauce.
- Sprinkle with oregano, garlic salt, and cheese.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and bake twenty minutes, or until crust is golden and cheese has melted evenly.
Part of the joy of making your own pizza is getting to choose which toppings you put on there, and many keen home cooks like to choose a tasty protein like shrimp, beef or chicken, along with some colorful vegetables, and then you can consider what kind of cheese to use, whether to add some herbs and spices, and maybe think about olives, anchovies, or other touches. Homemade pizza is lovely and this particular recipe teams chicken with vegetables for a rustic, charming pizza which packs a fabulous flavor punch.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404460 Views)
- Home (142043 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64822 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27739 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20421 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14865 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13701 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11781 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11329 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11326 Views)