Resourceful Pizza Recipe without Oven
Sometimes you are really in the mood for pizza, but you have neither an oven nor a delivery service on hand. Alternatively, maybe you are in the dorms and you are looking for something quick and easy to make, while still retaining the flavors that you love. One particular pizza recipe without oven makes use of the microwave or, ideally, a toaster oven. You do not have to worry about making it without having everything on hand, because it uses tortillas as the crust.
If you are looking to avoid a lot of muss and fuss that comes with making everything from scratch, this is definitely the way to go. Most pantries have tortillas available at all times, and you can get the toppings, cheese, and sauce easy enough. The only cooking that you need to worry about with this pizza recipe without oven is when you throw it in the microwave and fire it up. There are a few ways that can improve this recipe, especially if you have a hot plate, but they are not essential to completing the dish.
While you might want to be in a situation where you have access to an oven, this is not always possible. When that happens, it is always good to have the option to still have your delicious pizza.
- 4 Tortillas
- 1 jar of marinara sauce
- 1 bag of shredded cheese
- Enough toppings to cover your 4 tortilla pizzas. Toppings that can be easily warmed up are ideal, as you might not have the option of cooking raw meats or grilling vegetables.
- Lay your tortillas out on a clean working surface. Spread the marinara sauce all the way around the tortilla, keeping the last ½ inch clear of any sauce. This acts as the crust on the end of the tortilla pizza. If you have access to a hot plate, put the sauce in a pot and warm it up before spreading it on the tortilla shell.
- Spread shredded cheese on top of the sauce. You want to get a rather uniform spread across the entire tortilla, to ensure that it is going to melt easily and properly once in the microwave or toaster oven.
- If you have a hot plate, throw the toppings in a pan and heat them up. If you do not, stick with toppings that heat up quickly and easily. Avoid toppings that require you to thoroughly cook them before being used on the pizza.
- Put the tortilla pizzas in to the microwave and cook on high for approximately 5 minutes. Check to make sure that the cheese is melting and everything is progressing properly. Once the pizza is done, eat it by folding up the tortilla sides to get that great pizza experience without an oven.
Pizza does not have to require a complicated recipe, or even an oven! This tortilla pizza is a pizza recipe without oven that you can make in plenty of situations. It is a pretty simple option that gives you a delicious and filling meal in any situation that you could end up in. This is an especially perfect recipe for dorm room cooking, where the appliances are very limited and pantry space is as well. After spreading the marinara sauce over your tortillas and adding the cheese, you can go ahead and add your preferred toppings – pepperoni, bell pepper, mushrooms, anchovies, or whatever you choose. Then use your toaster oven or a microwave to crisp those tasty pizzas.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (410778 Views)
- Home (146726 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (70616 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29037 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21289 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15162 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14167 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11950 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11760 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11515 Views)