Stuffed Crust Pizza
Stuffed crust pizza is one of the most popular kinds of pizza ordered from pizza takeaway outlets but it is also quite simple to make your own cheese stuffed crust pizza. You need to make the crust from scratch and then top the homemade pizza base with sausage, tomato, cheese, bell pepper, and mushrooms.
Garlic and oregano add flavor. You can change some of the ingredients if you like, perhaps adding some corn or pineapple chunks for a different taste. This is a very special pizza and one that the whole family will love for sure. It is great served piping hot but also nice served cold as a snack the following day if you have some left over.
A lot of people will head to a pizza restaurant to sample their first stuffed crust pizza instead of trying their own version of the dish, and perhaps even head back there a second time for their second try. Instead of doing that though, why not make your own? It really is easier than you might have believed.
All you need to do is roll the dough out so it overlaps the sides of your pizza pan, then you can add string cheese and roll the dough up around it. The result will be the same as the stuffed crust pizza you can get in a pizza restaurant – even better probably! This adds a brand new twist to homemade pizza. Even if you still want to use your favorite crust and toppings, making a stuffed crust adds something extra special to the overall dish.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 4 ½ oz canned sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 8 pieces string cheese
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ oz quick-rise yeast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
- ½ lb Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix 2 cups of the flour with the salt and yeast.
- Heat the oil and water to 110 degrees F in a pan, and then pour this into the flour.
- Beat the mixture until it is just moistened and add a bit more flour until you get a soft dough.
- Leave it to rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll the dough out to a 14 inch round on a lightly floured cutting board, and then place it over a 12 inch diameter pizza pan with the edges hanging over the rim.
- Put the string cheese around the edge of the pan then roll up the dough to seal it in and form a cheese-stuffed crust.
- Prick the dough all over using a fork, and then bake it for 10 minutes.
- Sauté the green bell pepper and sausage over a moderate heat until the meat is brown.
- Drain off the fat.
- Mix the pepper, oregano, garlic powder and tomato sauce and spread this mixture over the baked crust.
- Sprinkle the mushrooms, meat mixture and mozzarella on top.
- Bake the pizza for about 18 minutes or until the crust has turned golden brown and the cheese melts.
This hearty meal offers something for the whole family. You get a tasty crust with the added novelty of cheese incorporated into the edge, plus all your favorite toppings. Pizza makes a delicious dinner and if you are curious about making your own cheese crust, try this recipe because it is incredibly simple to do, yet everyone at the dinner table is sure to be so impressed. The stuffed crust edge can be quite thin, like you can see in the picture, or you could use double the amount of string cheese if you prefer a cheesier result.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404501 Views)
- Home (142076 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64881 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27742 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20426 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14868 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13707 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11782 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11333 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11326 Views)