Supreme Pizza Ingredients Make the Pie
The Supreme Pizza with all of the regular pizza ingredients is a popular one among many who want to get the most out of their pizza, and the rich combination of flavors makes the Supreme Pizza one of the best that can be found in local restaurants and pizza establishments. Making your own Supreme pizza is a matter of simply chopping up the right ingredients and using them as the topping for your delicious homemade pizza crust.
The Supreme Pizza recipe below calls for homemade pizza dough, cooked in the oven until stiff, as the base of the pizza. The canned tomato sauce is followed by the best Gouda cheese you can find, and is topped by mushrooms, onions, ham, bell peppers, and a few sun dried tomatoes. All in all, this Supreme Pizza recipe is guaranteed to delight your family and set your mouth watering.
The best thing about this pizza: it is a fairly low fat meal. You can enjoy the vegetable toppings on the pizza, and you can even use some turkey ham or turkey breast for the meat topping. The cheese can be purchased low-fat or even fat-free, and you will find that your meal is made even tastier if you choose to change the pizza crust recipe for one with whole wheat dough. Even if you leave the pizza exactly as it is, it will still be a healthy recipe that will be as delicious as you could ask for.
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 ½ cups of warm water
- 1 ½ tablespoons of yeast
- 1 12 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 pound of Gouda cheese
- ¼ pound of sun dried tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- ½ pound of ham
- ½ pound of mushrooms
- The first thing to prepare is the dough, and this is done by mixing the warm water with the yeast in a small bowl. In a larger bowl, combine the yeast mixture with the olive oil and flour. Knead the resulting ball of dough thoroughly, and set it aside in a bowl to rise.
- Open the can of tomato sauce and set it in a saucepan to simmer on the stove for an hour at low heat.
- Grate the cheese, slice the mushrooms, chop the onions, cut up the bell peppers, and cut the ham and sun dried tomatoes into small pieces.
- After 1.5 to 2 hours have passed, remove the risen dough from the bowl and separate it into two balls. Roll each ball into individual pizza crusts, and bake the crusts in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, or until stiff.
- Add the tomato sauce, cheese, and toppings to the pizza, and bake for 20 minutes.
The pizza recipe above is guaranteed to please, and you will find that your family dinners are made much more enjoyable by the addition of this dish to your cooking repertoire. Whipping up one of these pizzas is quick and easy, and you will find that your family will love it. This supreme pizza is a great choice if you are particularly hungry because the ham, vegetables, cheese, and other toppings all work nicely together to bring you so much flavor. This pizza is colorful, easy to make, and the homemade crust is also impressive.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404501 Views)
- Home (142077 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64881 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27742 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20426 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14868 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13707 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11782 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11335 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11326 Views)