Taco Pizza Recipe
Whilst not strictly a traditional pizza as such, this taco pizza recipe is made with layers of tortillas, Mexican ingredients such as beef, cheese, refried beans and Mexican spices. If you want to know how to make a Mexican pizza, you should use tortillas for the base and stick to Mexican ingredients like in this taco pizza recipe.
The garnish ingredients are all optional and you can use some, all, or none of them, depending on your preferences. If you are cooking for others, you can serve each garnish on a small plate so they can help themselves. If you like Mexican food and pizza, why not combine the two and create this delicious taco pizza recipe?
The taco layers add plenty of substance as well as crunch to this pizza, and the toppings (or fillings as they technically are) work so well. If you do not mind your pizza not being authentically Italian and you look forward to the fun and easy challenge of making such a lovely dish, go ahead and gather your ingredients, then you can begin to prepare and assemble this incredible feast.
This is a complete meal in its own right because you have the tortillas, beef, cheese, spices, refried beans, and more. If you want to offer a side dish too, you can, but honestly you will not need one, because this pizza will leave you completely satisfied.
- 4 medium tortillas
- 1 ½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Lettuce, diced tomato, guacamole, salsa, and sour cream to garnish
- Heat the beans and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown the ground beef over a high heat in a pan. Add all the other ingredients except the garnish ingredients and simmer until the liquid has reduced. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Place the tortillas in the oven for 2 minutes, turn them over, and bake 2 minutes more.
- On the bottom tortilla, spread enough refried beans to cover it then sprinkle half the taco meat on top, then cheese, then more beans in the center to hold the top tortilla in place.
- Place the next tortilla on top and cover with salsa then some more cheese.
- Make the second double tortilla in the same way.
- Bake both for 5 minutes.
- Top with salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, and tomato to taste.
Hearty and delicious, this fusion between Mexican and Italian cuisines offers such a wonderful flavor. You get the crunch of tortillas, the meaty topping and filling, and everything you love about south of the border cooking. Pizza is an Italian dish of course, and that was the inspiration behind this pizza. We took the idea of a standard pizza from Italy and transformed it into something both Italian food fans and Mexican aficionados will fall in love with. This dish is very easy to make and it offers an exciting dinner possibility for the whole family to enjoy.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404799 Views)
- Home (142307 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (65165 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27806 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20454 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14886 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13731 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11792 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11354 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11334 Views)