A Great Low Calorie Pizza Sauce Recipe
Watching your weight, but craving pizza? Having that piping hot pie does not have to mean the end of your diet. There are ways to put together a low calorie pizza that will not sacrifice taste, and will satisfy that craving. A low calorie pizza crust is one important part of making the perfect weight watching pizza, too.
This one includes lots of flavorful ingredients, so you do not have to use much. Spread it thinly on a low calorie, cracker style crust and top with a small amount of strong cheese, plus plenty of veggies. You will not miss the calories, and you will not bust your healthy eating plan, either.
Choose a thin and crispy pizza crust or make your own dough. Because you are watching your figure you will want to use a thin one instead of a thick, doughy one which is much higher in carbs and calories. Something else you could do is make individual pizzas using tortillas or pita bread rounds. These are lower in calories still.
This sauce combines tomato paste with oregano, basil, garlic and onion, which are all typical ingredients in pizza sauce. In addition you can add red pepper flakes and hot sauce to spice it up and give it a special taste. The ingredients need to be simmered in a pan to incorporate them well and bring out all the beauty of their flavors. This low calorie sauce which is oil-free is sure to satisfy your pizza craving without pushing you over your calorie allowance for the day.
- 1 six ounce can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 drops hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer twenty to thirty minutes, or until desired consistency.
- Allow to cool slightly and spread on pizza.
Pizza might not be considered diet food, or even a healthy dish, but look at this low calorie pizza sauce which is packed with fresh produce and tasty herbs. Yum! You will get plenty of authentic Italian flavors in here and even though it does not contain oil, butter or another fat, the taste is really rich and satisfying. Choose a thin pizza crust and healthy toppings and you will be able to experience comfort food made in a healthy way. Whoever know a low calorie dish could be this delicious?
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404799 Views)
- Home (142306 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (65165 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27806 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20454 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14886 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13731 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11790 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11354 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11334 Views)