A Super Easy Pizza Sauce Recipe for Homemade Pizza
This easy pizza sauce recipe uses ingredients you probably already have around the house. There are no hours of stirring or complicated steps to deal with. You do not even have to heat this sauce. After all, we do not all have the time to wait around for gourmet cooking to be ready. Sometimes, a pizza sauce that goes together in just a few minutes is the perfect choice.
At the end of a long day, no one wants to deal with long simmering or finding unusual herbs and spices. Here is a basic, easy pizza sauce recipe that will help your homemade pie turn out great. It will get a thumbs up rating from the whole family, kids included!
So how easy can making a pizza sauce be? Well look at this recipe and you will see you only need garlic, oregano, basil and a can of tomato sauce. These ingredients are combined and then your sauce is all ready to spread over your pizza crust and you can get buys topping the pizza with cheese, vegetables, seafood, chicken, beef, or anything else you fancy.
The quality of the finished sauce will depend largely on the quality of the tomato sauce you start off with. You are going to be adding some seasonings to it of course, but choose a good quality sauce and your palate will thank you for it once you take your first bite of pizza.
- 1 eight ounce can of tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- In a medium bowl, combine garlic, oregano, basil, and tomato sauce.
- Mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Spread over pizza crust and follow your preferred pizza recipe.
Although more complex pizza sauces are something what you will want to make, there is a time and place for more simple, rustic ones – not as simple as popping open a can of tomato sauce, but as simple as opening that can and adding your own touches. This recipe features garlic, basil and oregano to infuse the sauce with Italian flavors. In the photo the pizza is topped with this sauce, plus some goat’s cheese and chives, for a simple yet very satisfying result. This is the kind of pizza sauce which always tastes good and which anyone can make with ease.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404501 Views)
- Home (142076 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64873 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27742 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20426 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14868 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13707 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11782 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11333 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11326 Views)