Delivery Style Pizza Sauce
Do you love the sauce on delivery pizza? If you have been hoping to capture that specific flavor without eating out all the time, this is the recipe for you. The secret to this delivery pizza sauce recipe is a commercial pizza sauce base that you will find at most wholesale shopping clubs. It only comes in a large size, so be sure to have arrangements for the extra sauce.
Make a batch with friends, so everyone can take some home, can the sauce the old fashioned way, or portion it out into single pizza quantities and freeze them for later. You will never have to worry about not having the ingredients for your favorite homemade pizza – delivery style.
No matter how tasty a new pizza recipe is, sometimes all you crave is delivery pizza, but do you really want to spend so much on something that has been thrown together in a hurry, topped with ingredients you have no control over and made by someone you have never met?
If you want the flavor of delivery pizza but you want to make your own, the following recipe shows how you to make the lovely sauce they use, bringing you the comfort food appeal delivery pizza is known for. As you can see, it is a very simple recipe, and you do not need a lot of different ingredients to put this tasty sauce together.
- 2 cups Hunt's Angela Mia pizza sauce base
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ½ teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried ground oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon MSG (allergy sufferers may substitute soy sauce)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Pour basic sauce into a medium saucepan with water and spices.
- Stir until well combined, and heat until sauce bubbles.
- Lower heat, cover, and cook half an hour, stirring periodically.
- Cool to room temperature and store in an airtight container.
- Refrigerate if not using right away.
Do you want to recreate your favorite delivery pizza? If so, you will want to choose not only a pizza crust that you like along with your preferred toppings, but also discover how to make the kind of sauce they use when making delivery pizzas. This recipe blends a few ingredients and you will be amazed just how much it tastes like your favorite delivery pizza. Use this sauce to make bruschetta, calzone or brush it over puff pastry and top with cheese. You can even toss it with cooked pasta. This sauce is tasty, easy to prepare, and really versatile.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404460 Views)
- Home (142043 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64822 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27739 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20421 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14865 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13701 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11781 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11329 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11326 Views)