Quick White Pizza Sauce Recipe
This is a wine, garlic and herb based white pizza sauce recipe. White pizza sauce can be used on thin and crispy or thick pizza crusts. Some white pizzas feature just cheese and others, such as a white Neapolitan pizza recipe, might contain basil, tomato and mozzarella.
You can use whichever toppings you like and some that go particularly well with white pizza sauce include spinach, shrimp, pine nuts, tomatoes, fresh basil, anchovies, and blue cheese. This white pizza sauce recipe is very quick and easy so if you are leaning how to make pizza sauce recipes, this is a nice one to try.
A lot of people have never tried a white pizza sauce, and that is a pity because such a sauce is really tasty. Making a nice change from the typical red tomato sauce used on pizzas, and a wonderful recipe in its own right, white sauce on a white pizza crust topped with either pale-colored ingredients like 2 or 3 kinds of cheese, onion and chicken, or contrasting colored ingredients like shrimp, sun-dried tomatoes and fresh peas, ensures an eye-catching dish which everyone will want to try.
This sauce is easy to make. In fact all you need to do is simmer the ingredients together for 15 minutes and any home cook, even a total beginner, can manage that with ease. This aromatic sauce is one you will want to make again and again, experimenting with different toppings each time or sticking with classic family favorites.
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon each rosemary and basil
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Sauté the garlic in the butter and oil. Add everything else and simmer for 15 minutes.
White pizza sauce makes a change from the red tomato pizza sauce you are perhaps more familiar with, and it is versatile too. Whether you want to use fresh or sundried tomatoes as your toppings, and therefore want to avoid having too much tomato flavor in your pizza, or you want to use delicate-tasting toppings like shrimp, crab or fresh herbs without risking a bold-flavored tomato sauce overwhelming them, you will find this fragrant, creamy white sauce fits your requirements perfectly. In the picture you can see what the finished sauce will look like. If you are making pizza for a crowd this recipe is simple enough to double or even triple.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (410780 Views)
- Home (146730 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (70624 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29037 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21289 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15162 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14167 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11950 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11760 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11515 Views)