Seafood Pizza Recipe with Pineapple
Seafood pizza is a nice alternative to the traditional cheese and tomato pie, and there are so many different options. This one features crab, shrimp, mushrooms, and pineapple as seafood pizza toppings, as well as sliced black olives. If you are concerned about fat content, consider using low fat cheeses – just make sure that they melt well. Imitation crab meat can also be used, but will not have the same kind of flavor.
Use this pizza with your favorite medium thickness crust recipe, or simply purchase a premade crust from the grocery store. While fresh is certainly better, these can be extremely convenient. You will love this delicious seafood pizza recipe!
Seafood not only makes a change from beef, pork and chicken when using it as a pizza topping, but it also adds an elegant touch to the dish. Seafood is capable of doing that to any dish whether you are using it to add elegance to a pasta or risotto dish, including it in a salad, or using it in a sandwich recipe. You do not need a lot of seafood to make an exquisite pizza either. Just a few items will give your pizza gourmet status and qualify it as a true seafood pizza recipe. Consider finishing the pizza off by adding a few cooked clams or mussels in their shells, for picture-perfect presentation.
- 1 twelve inch unbaked pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup crab meat
- ¾ cup small shrimp
- ½ cup fresh or canned pineapple, drained and chopped
- 5 white mushrooms - sliced
- 4 ½ ounces sliced black olives
- ¼ cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- Pat dough into a greased pizza pan or place on pizza stone.
- Brush with olive oil and top with all other ingredients, starting with seafood and finishing with cheese.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and bake pizza until cheese bubbles.
Seafood adds an elegant touch to pizza, and you can use fresh, canned or thawed items to top it. Finish off with a few mussels or clams in their shells, either on top of the pizza or at the side, for a sophisticated look. Pineapple complements the seafood with its sweetness, while you also get the attractive colors from the olives and vegetables. Both mozzarella and white cheddar are used here too, since the tang from the cheese also complements the seafood and other toppings. This seafood pizza is a wonderful choice.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (410880 Views)
- Home (146758 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (70676 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29047 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21297 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15166 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14169 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11950 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11761 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11515 Views)