Shrimp Scampi Pizza
This shrimp scampi pizza is flavored wholly with shrimp, garlic, and mozzarella to let the flavor of the shrimp shine through. Scampi refers to a shrimp based dish in the United States or shelled shrimp deep-fried in breadcrumbs in the United Kingdom.
In this shrimp scampi pizza recipe, the shrimp is cooked with the garlic and seasoned before being added to a pizza crust and topped with mozzarella. This is the best shrimp scampi pizza recipe by far and is delicate enough to serve in tiny wedges as an appetizer. Be careful when you are sautéing the shrimp that you stop the second is just done. Cooking it too long might make it rubbery and that will impair the flavor of the shrimp pizza.
Shrimp often comes to mind when considering seafood pizza. It is one of the most popular seafood toppings actually, along with anchovies which offer a completely different flavor to the soft, juiciness of the shrimp. This pizza is different from some other seafood topped ones though because of the other ingredients used with the shrimp. This recipe is beautifully simple but this only means you can expect an exquisite flavor, and not have anything else clashing with the flavor of the shrimp, since they are your primary ingredient.
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 lb big shrimp, peeled
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 big pre-baked pizza crust
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease a baking sheet with the cooking spray.
- Put the olive oil and butter in a skillet and heat them over a moderate to high heat.
- Add the shrimp and garlic, cooking for a few minutes until the shrimp are pink.
- Season with the salt and black pepper.
- Put the pizza crust on the baking sheet and brush some of the butter mixture from the pan over it.
- Arrange the shrimp and cheese on the crust.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the top of the pizza is golden brown.
- Stand for 5 minutes then cut into wedges.
This delicious pizza is topped with mozzarella, shrimp scampi and there is some garlic in there too. If you like seafood you will love the flavor of this. You will notice the toppings are kept to a minimum so the flavor of the shrimp really shines through, although you will see we added a few green peas to our pizza, and that was to add a contrasting taste plus a contrasting color. You can do this too if you want, or else consider adding some corn or another colorful topping with a slightly sweet flavor to complement the shrimp.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (410882 Views)
- Home (146759 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (70676 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29047 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21297 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15166 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14169 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11950 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11761 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11515 Views)