Spinach and Shrimp Pizza Recipe
There are grilled pizza recipes and baked pizza recipes and most of them are interchangeable depending on your mood and the weather! The following shrimp pizza recipe combines spinach, cheese, mushrooms and shrimps, which all go wonderfully together.
Herbs are used to add flavor and the sauce for this shrimp pizza recipe is a combination of milk, garlic and cornstarch rather than the traditional tomato based pizza sauce, because the more delicate white sauce goes better with the delicately flavored seafood topping. Whether you are making grilled pizza recipes or baked pizza recipes, it is vital to keep an eye on the pizza while cooking to ensure you remove it from the oven as soon as the cheese has melted.
Shrimp can be used on all kinds of pizzas because, just like chicken, it is a versatile ingredient, and will team with pretty much any flavors such as spicy ones or even the sweetness of fruit. This recipe features aromatic hints such as oregano, basil and garlic. The pinkness of the shrimp paired with the vivid green of the spinach and the yellow cheese makes this a feast for the eyes as well as for the palate. The creamy, homemade garlic sauce is really decadent too, and preparing it is a breeze. This is a well-rounded pizza which is sure to appeal to pizza fans everywhere.
- 16 oz pizza base (cheese flavored is good)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup each grated provolone and Parmesan
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 2 ½ cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix the milk, garlic and cornstarch in a pan, stirring with a whisk. Bring to the boil on a medium heat and cook for a minute, stirring all the time. Add salt and pepper and spread this sauce over the pizza base.
- Heat a non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over a medium high heat. Sauté the shrimps 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook 2 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook until spinach wilts.
- Drain and spoon this mixture over the sauce. Sprinkle the herbs on top and the cheeses over the herbs.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the cheese melts.
This is a colorful pizza featuring spinach, shrimp and cheese among other ingredients. As well as boasting plenty of protein and nutrients, this pizza cannot be accused of lacking flavor either because every mouthful offers lots of wonderful taste. Use small or medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined of course, and enjoy the beautiful pink color as well as their distinctive taste and juicy appeal. The garlic sauce used in this pizza recipe is especially good, and it is easy to make as well. If you fancy a change of pace from other kinds of pizza, try this one for a brand new spin on this Italian classic.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404501 Views)
- Home (142076 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64881 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27742 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20426 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14868 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13707 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11782 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11333 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11326 Views)