Baked Potato Pizza Recipes
This is one of the most delicious baked potato pizza recipes and in this recipe; the crust is made from potatoes, eggs, flour, and onion. The topping is rich in vegetables and includes zucchini, bell pepper, tomatoes, and squash. Cheese, basil, and garlic add flavor and this delicious dish is a hearty meal by itself.
If you like potato pizza, give this recipe a try. The crust is flavorsome it makes a great change from traditional pizza crust recipes. Baked potato pizza recipes vary in nutritional values and this one is very healthy with all the vegetables, tofu, and potatoes. It is also very filling and makes a great lunch or dinner.
If you usually have the same pizza over and over again, perhaps a pepperoni deep-dish or a thin and crispy pizza margarita, then why not consider this one as a change of pace? The crust is unusual and the toppings are colorful and exquisite.
There is nothing not to love about this fantastic homemade pizza. The potatoes in the crust make it both tasty and soft-textured. This colorful pizza will appeal to everyone in the family, from the youngest member to the eldest, and you will not be disappointed how great the flavor is. Making this is simple, and eating it is a real pleasure.
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 6 oz firm tofu, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 shredded potatoes
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 grated onion
- 2 minced cloves garlic
- 1 thinly sliced zucchini
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 thinly sliced yellow squash
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Grease a baking dish or 12 inch pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the shredded onion with the potatoes, flour and eggs.
- Press this mixture into the baking dish or pizza pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Spray cooking oil on the top and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Broil for 3 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Take the crust out of the oven.
- Mix the yellow squash, zucchini, sliced onion, tofu, garlic and green bell pepper together.
- Sauté this mixture in a skillet until the vegetables are just tender.
- Mix the basil and tomato sauce and spread half of this over the pizza crust.
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes and sautéed vegetables over this, and then spoon the rest of the sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella over the top and bake for 8 minutes or until the cheese melts.
This is a very special pizza recipe. The flavor is special and also the way it looks is magical. You will see the photo and then want to cut yourself a slice. The pizza starts off with an interesting potato and onion crust, which of course is unusual, and then you have cheese, tofu and vegetables on top to finish it off beautifully. You can see we scattered fresh basil leaves over the finished pizza to add to the visual appeal. This is a perfect dish for the vegetarians and anybody who wants a chance from meat. Nobody is going to miss the meat anyway when a pizza tastes this good!
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404202 Views)
- Home (141877 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64562 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27674 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20401 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14847 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13686 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11772 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11319 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11314 Views)