Cream Cheese Vegetable Pizza
What do you get when you combine canned crescent roll dough, cream cheese, mixed summer vegetables and a pizza pan? The result is a delicious summer treat that is not your usual pizza. A wide variety of chopped vegetables are used on a crescent roll dough, with a cool ranch flavored sauce. It is a great dish to take along to a party, work function, or family get together.
This cream cheese vegetable pizza can be made remarkably quickly, and the only cooking is baking the crescent roll dough into shape. Everything else is simply chopped and mixed. There are no special tools required, and the result is one that everyone will enjoy.
Gather your ingredients and get ready to make this delicious and unusual pasta. The dinner roll dough is pressed into a pizza pan to make the crust, and then you can bake it until it is crispy and golden brown. The mayonnaise, cream cheese and salad dressing mix combine to make a silky smooth, rich-tasting sauce which offers a delicious tang, and then your vegetables go on top of that.
The reason this recipe works so well is the contrasts you are using. The crispy crust contrasts with the tangy dressing and the fresh veggies on top finish it off to perfection. This is a brand new take on the classic pizza recipe which proves just how versatile this iconic Italian dish can be without losing its Italian roots or basic pizza appeal.
- 1 eight ounce can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 four ounce can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 eight ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 1 ½ tablespoons commercial buttermilk ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- ¼ cup carrots, chopped
- ⅓ cup green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup ripe olives, halved
- any other vegetables you choose
- Open both cans of rolls and unroll dough onto a lightly greased twelve inch baking or pizza pan. Form into a twelve inch square or circle, pressing edges and perforations until sealed.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and bake eight to ten minutes. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine salad dressing mix, mayonnaise, and cream cheese. Mix thoroughly until smooth. Spread over cooled crust and set aside.
- In another bowl, toss chopped vegetables together. Sprinkle or lay over cream cheese layer. Cut into squares and serve, or refrigerate for later.
Sometimes it is nice to make a classic pizza with all your favorites – mozzarella cheese, a homemade tomato sauce, anchovies and pepperoni perhaps – but this recipe takes your pizza to a brand new level. First, the crust is made with dinner roll dough, then you will be using a creamy sauce made with cream cheese and a salad dressing mix, and finally your colorful veggies go on top to finish it off. This pizza is nice served chilled. The photo shows how healthy this pizza looks, so if you want comfort food but you feel you should be having a nutritious dish, pick this and enjoy the wonderful flavors it offers.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (410778 Views)
- Home (146727 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (70616 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29037 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21289 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15162 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14167 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11950 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11760 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11515 Views)