Homemade Organic Vegetarian Pizza Recipe Mushrooms
Vegetarians often find that pizza walks the line between the foods they can eat and not eat. On the one hand, the dough, tomato sauce, mushrooms, and other vegetable toppings are the perfect meal for them. On the other hand, many vegetarians prefer to not eat cheese, and the pepperoni and other meat toppings cannot be eaten.
The vegetarian pizza recipe laid out below uses only the best of the vegetable toppings with an organic cheese to create the perfect pizza. Melted onto a thick pizza crust, the cheese is a light, flavorful organic cheese that is not processed in any way. The toppings are all the favorite vegetable toppings, including mushrooms, onions, and even some broccoli for good measure.
You will find that this recipe truly is a delight, and all of your friends will agree that the simple pizza will be a tasty dish for any occasion. The best thing about your homemade pizza is that you can make it however you want, and you will find that the following recipe can be customized and altered however you want.
- 5 cups of flour
- 1⅔ tablespoons of yeast
- 1⅔ cups of warm water
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 5 large organic tomatoes
- 5 large mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1 head of fresh broccoli
- 1 pound of organic, 100% natural cheese
- The first step is to place the tomatoes on the stove to boil. Add a pinch of salt and pepper as the tomatoes boil, and puree them in the blender once they are soft. Return them to the saucepan to continue cooking, and cook until most of the acidity is gone.
- Place the flour in a bowl, and combine the yeast, oil, and warm water in a separate bowl. Combine the yeast mixture with the flour, and roll into a ball of dough. Knead the dough thoroughly, and place it in a large bowl to rise for 2 hours.
- As the dough is rising, slice the onions, mushrooms, bell pepper, and grate the cheese. Turn off the tomato sauce once you taste it and find it to your liking.
- Once the pizza dough has risen, roll it out into crusts, add the tomato sauce, sprinkle the cheese on top, add the toppings, and place it in the oven to cook.
- As the pizza is cooking, cut the broccoli into small pieces. Once the pizza has cooked for 20 minutes, sprinkle the broccoli on top. Cook for 20 minutes more before serving hot.
As you can see, the vegetarian pizza above can be made fairly easily. It will require work to make the dough and the sauce, but it will be well worth it once you bite into the delicious vegetarian pizza. Even your non-vegetarian friends will agree that this pizza recipe is as delicious as it is healthy. Some vegetarian pizza options are just meat ones with the meat omitted, but that is not how to impress a non-carnivore. This one features the tastiest vegetables along with lovely cheese to bring a full flavor to the table. You will not think anything is missing if you use top quality ingredients, because the toppings, sauce and crust are all worth savoring.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (410780 Views)
- Home (146729 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (70616 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29037 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21289 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15162 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14167 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11950 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11760 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11515 Views)