Raw Vegetable Pizza Recipe
Raw vegetables make a crunchy pizza topping which is different to most soft pizza toppings. This raw vegetable pizza recipe is made with crescent rolls rather than pizza dough and the creamy pizza sauce goes beautifully with the simple crispness of the raw vegetables.
Vegetable pizza is healthy and this makes a delicious lunch. Because this is such a nice looking pizza, it is nice to use a combination of red, yellow, and green bell peppers to make it even more colorful. You can add other vegetables too, such as grated carrots or grated zucchini.
There are many ways to make pizza unique, such as swapping the traditional crust for crescent rolls, a potato and onion crust, tortillas, or something else, or even using unusual toppings or an adventurous sauce. This recipe takes pizza to a whole new level though, not only swapping the typical crust for crescent rolls, but also using 2 different sauces.
First you have a herbed creamy sauce and on top of that goes a tomato sauce. Finally it is time to add your raw vegetables and cheese, and then you can chill your pizza if you wish, or serve it right away if you prefer. The vivid colors of the raw vegetables will attract your eyes and the flavor of the finished pizza is sure to make you smile.
- 1 package crescent rolls
- 1 cup miracle whip
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- ½ can pizza sauce
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Press and stretch the crescent rolls to fit a jellyroll sheet and bake according to the directions on the pack.
- Combine the miracle whip, seasoned salt, dill, cream cheese, and parsley and spread this on the baked crust.
- Spread with the pizza sauce, then the chopped tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the bell pepper, onion, and cheese over the top and serve cold.
You will be able to appreciate how unusual this pizza recipe at first glance, when you spot those bright, colorful raw vegetables on top. Bite into it and you will first experience a layer of tomato sauce, then a rich and creamy herb sauce layer. Finally you will get through to the crust and this is made of crescent rolls, to make a change from regular pizza crust. The texture is pleasing and the texture is bread-like and soft. This fusion between Italian and American cuisines is best served chilled. Cut it into little squares and serve as an appetizer, or cut it into 4 large pieces to serve as the main dish.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404501 Views)
- Home (142076 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64873 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27742 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20426 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14868 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13707 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11782 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11333 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11326 Views)