Recipe for Best Homemade Pizza
There is nothing that most kids love better than a delicious slice of pizza, and what better way to serve them something as healthy and delicious as possible than by preparing a delicious homemade pizza? You will find that homemade pizza can be one of the most popular meals, and, despite the fact that it will be a good deal of work to prepare the pizza, it is not too difficult to make. The recipe to follow is very simple, and the homemade pizza can be prepared in an hour or so for the entire family to enjoy.
The following pizza recipe is the standard Italian style pizza with a thin crust, fresh tomatoes baked on top, and a generous sprinkling of basil and oregano on the top. However, this pizza has a unique twist to it: a sprinkling of mint that infuses the pizza with a delicious and unique flavor. The combination of the mint, basil, oregano, rich tomato sauce, and strong cheese will be the perfect dinner for any occasion.
The best thing about homemade pizza: it can be as healthy as you want. There is no need to purchase tomato sauce pre-packaged, but you can enjoy everything 100% natural for your pizza. By following the recipe below, you are guaranteed the best homemade pizza with a unique twist.
- 4 cups of flour
- 1⅔ cups of warm water
- 1 ½ tablespoons of yeast
- 1⅓ tablespoon of olive oil
- 5 large tomatoes
- 3 small tomatoes
- 1 pound of Gouda or Cheddar cheese
- Fresh mint leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Garlic powder
- To begin, place the large tomatoes in a saucepan with a few tablespoons of water to boil. Let the tomatoes boil thoroughly, puree in the blender, and return the tomato sauce to the saucepan to cook.
- To prepare the pizza dough, sift the flour into a bowl. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water, and add the yeast mix into the flour along with a pinch of salt and the olive oil. Use your hands to mix the yeast and flour together until the pizza becomes a large ball of dough. Knead the dough thoroughly, and set in a bowl to rise for 2 hours.
- Add basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and garlic powder to the tomato sauce. Add half a tablespoon of sugar to cut the acidity of the tomato sauce.
- Once the dough has risen roll it out into the 2 pizza crusts. Place the crusts in the oven to bake for 15 minutes until stiff, and remove from the oven.
- Grate the cheese and slice the small tomatoes into thin slices.
- Spread a generous helping of the tomato sauce onto the pizza crust, sprinkle on a layer of cheese, and add the tomato slices to the top.
- Sprinkle basil, oregano, and salt on the top before placing the pizza in the oven. Let the pizza cook for 10 minutes before removing it from the oven to sprinkle the mint leaves. Place it back in the oven to cook for another 10 minutes, and serve hot.
The simple recipe above will take time to complete, as pizza dough must rise. Despite the fact that homemade pizza is fairly time consuming, you will find that it will be well worth it to be able to serve a delicious homemade pizza to your family. Making your own pizza is much easier than you might think, and you will be so enamored with the result you will want to make it again and again. There is no shortage of appealing pizza recipes to choose from, but sometimes a simple tomato and cheese topping is all you crave, if you want to enjoy pizza the classic way.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (410882 Views)
- Home (146759 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (70676 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29047 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21297 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15166 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14169 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11950 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11761 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11515 Views)