Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach
I think the next risotto recipe in this series is going to have to have meat or my guys are going to begin to worry about me and more so about themselves like mom is trying to pull a fast one on them with all these none meat recipes. Yes many if not most of these get tried out on them how else is a working mom to know if work is taking care of them. See I spend a lot of time making new recipes so if I don’t blend it into my life I would never have time for it all.
Now don’t get me wrong I am not complaining I love my job and my family and the fact that they are both close to home is just an added bonus. See I know it is weird as a girl I am not suppose to love food but I do the fact that at 47 I still do as well as I do and deal with MS on top of it is no small feat. I am constantly looking at ways to improve everything from time with family to how I can do things wiser and smarter and still make everyone happy including me.
What helps it all work is I love what I do that I wouldn’t have a 10 foot commute and never a problem finding a parking spot if I didn’t. I have family in the computer business so I have awesome systems that are incredible to work on and never let me down so it makes my job easier and faster than most would. I have four wonderful kids a husband that never stops wowing me and so I have MS it’s not fun but for the most part life is good. Oh yeah and I have food great food I never seem to run out of ideas of how to feed people. I also have some of the best people in the world working for me that share my love of food so life is good I hope the food is up to it too.
- 2 cups Lundberg Voyages White Arborio Rice
- 8 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 7 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- ¼ cup dry white Italian wine
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, tablespoon reserved
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large pot allow the broth to come to a boil once it does lower it and allow to simmer through the process. This is needed throughout the making of the risotto.
- Add the oil to a deep skillet add the onion and sauté it until they are translucent approximately five minutes stirring frequently when done put the garlic in the pan and sauté about another minute.
- Next toasts the Arborio rice by adding it to the pan for about 2 minutes stirring constantly you’re trying to brown it slightly.
- Add twenty minutes to your kitchen timer and start it add the white wine and allow it cook, stirring continually until it is all absorbed. Next add one ladle at a time from the simmering broth to the rice letting it absorb each time. Continue doing this during the remaining time until the broth is used up stirring regularly throughout the time until there is no more time left, sample it to see if it is al dente.
- Take it off heat and add lemon juice, lemon zest, spinach, herbs, and feta cheese, stirring it until the cheese has melted and the spinach is well welted season with salt pepper to taste.
- Place it on a serving platter or in a serving bowl and serve with you entree.
If you are looking for a healthier Italian dish to serve the family this might just suit the bill it is load with all sorts of good things it use one of the healthier cheeses and it has spinach in it which we all know is great for use and it use vegetable broth of the low-sodium kind so unless you load it up with salt it is healthy there too. If you want a classic Italian dish to serve with a meal or as the meal this is a great choice for so many reasons. I try to balance dishes and diet in general if I am a bit bad with one thing I eat two good things so much of the name of the game when it comes to nutrition is balance.
Leave a Reply
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404200 Views)
- Home (141875 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64562 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27674 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20399 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14845 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13686 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11772 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11319 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11314 Views)