If you are in the mood for a creamy pasta dish but you do not want to make anything complicated, consider this simple but delicious recipe. While the pasta is cooking you can warm up the ingredients for the sauce, then simply toss the two together and the dish is ready. The shrimp can be added to the pot with the pasta a couple of minutes before the end of the cooking time, because it only takes a couple of minutes to cook fully. That would save dirtying another pan, and means you only need 2 pans to make the whole recipe.
The shrimp work really well in this dish but if you would prefer to use cooked chicken breast, that is fine. Either use deli chicken slices or leftover cooked chicken, and stir that into the sauce mixture while it is heating up. This is so easy to make, and can throw the whole dish together in less than half an hour and have it on the table to delight your hungry family. This alfredo shrimp dish is lovely served with Italian bread such as ciabatta, or some garlic bread, as well as a green salad.
The presentation is simple. It can be spooned on to dinner plates and topped with parmesan and a pinch of dried parsley. If you wish, swap the parsley for oregano or basil. A pinch of nutmeg would work instead of the herbs if you prefer to use that. If you like to make pasta but you are tired of the same old tomato sauces recipes every time, consider this. There is really nothing that can go wrong since the sauce is made by heating up the ingredients until they are hot, and it is easy to tell when the pasta and shrimp are cooked. Continue reading
Pasta dishes come in many shapes, colors and flavors, but one of the best ways to prepare pasta is to use a creamy sauce. This does not need to be anything complicated, and in fact some creamy pasta recipes only have 4 or 5 ingredients in all. The following recipe does have a bit more than that, but each item contributes to the overall flavor and appeal of the dish, and you will agree this chicken fettuccine boats a spectacular flavor.
You will enjoy the comfort food factor that creamy dishes offer, as well as the exquisite butter, milk, sour cream, and cheese sauce which coats the chicken and fettuccine. Add a sprig of fresh sage to the finished dish, to add some color to the plate, and you can be sure everyone’s plate will be clean. Nobody will want to miss a morsel of this lovely dinner. The first thing to do is cook the chicken, although if you have some leftover cooked chicken breast then just use that, for the sake of convenience.
The onion and garlic go into the creamy sauce, and then everything is tossed together at the end, to make the finished dish. Serve this immediately, ladling it on to warmed plates. Side dish options include asparagus or broccoli for added nutrition and a contrasting color on the plate, or even garlic bread if you are in the mood for a real carb feast. This is very easy to make and it is a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken. Fettuccine is really nice in this dish, although you could swap it for spaghetti if you prefer, or even another pasta shape. Continue reading
A thin Italian bread shell crust is used as the base for this tasty turkey Alfredo pizza and Alfredo sauce is spread over the top. This pizza is topped with spinach, turkey, lemon, and cheese. This pizza is deliciously different from other turkey pizzas and the ingredients complement one another very well.
You can use chicken breast rather than turkey breast if you have some that needs to be used up. Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes are sprinkled on this turkey Alfredo pizza before baking and the cheese melts wonderfully over the other ingredients. This is a very good pizza recipe and is more filling that you might think.
Some of the ingredients can be stored for months until you need them, examples including the frozen spinach and prebaked pizza crust. Maybe you already have most of the other ingredients to hand as well, in which case now is the perfect time to get busy making this lovely dish. Continue reading
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (403236 Views)
- Home (141180 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (63512 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27506 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20256 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14802 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13622 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11737 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11295 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11249 Views)