This makes the most wonderful family dinner and you can prepare all the ingredients in advance. If you have leftover cooked broccoli, or another kind of vegetables like mushrooms or bell peppers, or some leftover chicken breasts, consider making this easy pasta recipe. You can use penne, bowtie pasta, spirals, or any sort of pasta you like, even whole wheat pasta shapes if you like. The sauce is a mixture of Alfredo sauce and cheese. Use Mexican-blend cheese or any kind you want.
This recipe is wide open to interpretation, and you can make all kinds of tweaks. Leftover sausage or seafood can be used instead of the chicken, chili flakes can be added to the mixture for a bit of a kick, the broccoli can be swapped for carrots, mushrooms or even mixed frozen vegetables, and you can even swap the Alfredo sauce for tomato sauce. A pasta casserole such as this is ideal if you are looking for quick and easy weekday recipes to make for the family.
Making the recipe is so simple. You just have to combine all the ingredients except half the cheese, use the rest of the cheese to top the casserole, and then bake it until it is hot and the cheese on top has melted. You do not need any side dishes since this already features meat, pasta and vegetables, but if you do want a side, how about asparagus, onion rings, a mixed leaf salad, or sautéed mushroom and snow peas? Continue reading
This chicken pizza is a great way to get your vegetables, and if you choose a low fat crust, part skim dairy products, and a lighter quantity of cheese, it is also one that will be pretty healthy. That is two great things in one chicken and mushroom pizza recipe!
Your family will love it, too. When is the last time your kids asked for more servings of their veggies? Just remember to use fresh, high quality ingredients and avoid canned ones. There is a real taste difference when the recipe is done. Using a premade crust makes the cooking go faster, so you can have fresh baked pizza, even after a long day at work.
Once your pizza crust has been browned, it is time to add your cheese, chicken and vegetables, along with some basil. The pizza just needs to bake them, until the edges of the crust are golden brown and the cheese has melted attractively over the top. This delicious feast is then ready to serve to your hungry family, and it is sure to go down a real treat with them. Continue reading
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404816 Views)
- Home (142324 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (65171 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27806 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20457 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14890 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13731 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11792 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11355 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11334 Views)