This hearty casserole features sausages and beans. You can use chorizo-style chipolatas, perhaps pinching and twisting them, and then cutting them in half, so you get smaller pieces. Also in this dish you have 3 types of beans – flageolet, butterbeans and kidney beans. The sauce is made with passata, which is cooked strained tomatoes, as well as balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and dark treacle to add a rich and earthy sweetness, garlic for an aromatic accent, and onion and corn (frozen or canned) to finish it off perfectly.
This is the kind of dish that is lovely served with crusty bread, and you can use the bread to soak up all the lovely juices. It is your choice whether you want to make this one the stove or in the oven. Either way would work. Some people find they cannot get their stovetop burners low enough so rather than risk burning this, you might want to use the oven, and it will take about 30 or 40 minutes to bake in there.
Enjoy this for lunch or dinner. It is hot and hearty, but not only for the winter months. Whenever you are in the mood for Italian food and you want to combine meat, vegetables and aromatic flavors, consider this dish, because it is really nice. It is chunkier and heartier than a soup, but there is plenty of liquid, so serve it in bowls not on plates. The rich caramelized sauce is one of the best things about this wonderful casserole, and you will find the flavors perfectly balanced. Continue reading
Do you want to make something easy, cheesy and delicious for your family? If so, this recipe is well worth considering. It is one of the best pasta casseroles you can make. What is a casserole, you might be wondering. It is a French word and the term for both the cooking vessel and what is in it. A pasta casserole is similar to a pasta bake, and is usually topped with cheese and full of tasty ingredients.
The following recipe can be compared to a cheeseburger because it includes both beef and cheese, although the macaroni adds an Italian touch, and the garlic, paprika and oregano add aromatic flavors. The cheese topping is really delicious, and the 2 kinds of sauces add moisture as well as added flavor to this dish. This is made in stages. You need to make the meat sauce in one pan, cook the pasta in another, then combine them. The casserole itself is made by layering marinara sauce with the beef mixture, then more marinara sauce, and finally delicious cheese on top.
This is a bit of a fusion recipe. Although most of the ingredients are used in Italian cooking, this style of dish is American at heart, if you look more closely at it. It could even be termed American-Italian, since it boasts the comfort food appeal of American cuisine as well as the distinctive Italian flavors you would expect from a macaroni casserole. If you want a side dish, consider a baby leaf salad with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar as the dressing. Continue reading
This delicious cabbage lasagna recipe uses cabbage in place of the lasagna sheets. If you enjoy the best lasagna recipes but do not want to use lasagna noodles there is an alternative and that is to use healthy cabbage leaves instead. This cabbage lasagna is made in a rectangular pan (it should be at least two inches high) and then baked to perfection. You can brown the cooked lasagna under a broiler to add more color if you like but this is optional.
This lasagna features ground beef, rice, onion and a creamy sauce too. In fact it features everything except the lasagna noodles and, as you can see, those can easily be replaced with cabbage.
The cheese sets on top to form a delicious layer and you can swap the mozzarella for Havarti if you want a different flavor or omit the mozzarella altogether for less cheesiness and use the parmesan only. Continue reading
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (403919 Views)
- Home (141674 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64270 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27629 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20346 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14836 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13670 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11764 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11311 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11295 Views)