cheese lasagna recipes
Pasta is so delicious. Created in many different ways, each version reminds everyone around the world how wonderful it is to enjoy the many recipes brought to each country by Italian immigrants and visitors. When you think of the amounts of pasta eaten worldwide, it is very easy to realize that it competes with rice in dispelling world hunger. Centuries have passed since someone discovered how to dry fresh pasta and extend the life of the staple.
Pasta is so much more than long, dry noodles. It can be put into airtight containers for long shelf life, which means it can go camping, sailing or on road trips and be prepared when you make a stop. The different types of shapes have no limit with modern machinery and where culinary artists used to create intricate shapes, today we just have to go down to the grocery or a specialty store to pick up a bag of wheels, shells or stars. Combine them with red or white sauce and a variety of cheese and instantly there is a delicious meal for everyone to enjoy.
It is hard to believe that pasta and tomatoes are recent combinations in recipes. Because tomatoes belong to the nightshade family of plants, they earned a reputation of poison. Perhaps someone just decided cooking would make tomatoes safe to eat. Less than two centuries have passed since the first written pasta recipe with tomatoes included graced a table, but once the brave group that tried it survived, tomatoes became extremely popular. Basil, garlic, and oregano are three of the most popular seasonings in most Italian dishes and continue to extend the popularity of pasta. Continue reading
Everyone has their own special appetites when it comes to the types of foods they like to eat. For instance, some people may enjoy rich and cheesy lasagna recipes and others might prefer veggie lasagna. Others may have a particular vegetable or meat they prefer. For instance, some might prefer eggplant lasagna to turkey lasagna for dinner. It all just depends on what you and your family might like to experience while eating.
If you enjoy making a traditional meal of lasagna that includes various different cheeses, you might enjoy this western inspired traditional cheese lasagna recipe. It is easy enough to make when you have all the ingredients you need. Some of the ingredients you will need to make this lasagna recipe may already be waiting for you in the kitchen. These are common everyday ingredients that you might grow in a garden or buy at the grocery store.
They include of course, some lasagna noodles, some meat such as hamburger or ground beef, some onion, garlic, basil, oregano, marjoram and tomato sauce and some tomato paste. You will also need some Muenster, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. You may also consider adapting the recipe to suit your particular cravings for a homemade lasagna recipe. Continue reading
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (411651 Views)
- Home (147516 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (71662 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29259 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21402 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15208 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14210 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11971 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11809 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11541 Views)