Fresh pasta is the beginning of all pastas but many are created for the specific purpose of being dried and packaged for sale down the line. Fresh pasta has a soft texture because of the dough. Southern Italy uses semolina and water most of the time. Northern parts of Italy use eggs and all-purpose flour. Whether it is actually better than dried pasta depends on the recipe, the person who is making it and the ingredients put in it. There are recipes that call strictly for dried pasta and some that give the option of either dried or fresh, with slightly different directions for preparation.
There are areas that use tomato sauces in the summer and herb-butter and cream-style sauces the rest of the year and that is the time you particularly want the flavor and texture of fresh pasta. Those who have the opportunity to visit Italy are in for a treat because most restaurants prepare pasta fresh daily and since you are in Italy trying to soak up ambience, avoid eating somewhere that avoids making fresh pasta daily.
Chicken N Cheese Lasagna is a great recipe although fresh pasta is not a benefit because of the tomato sauce. However, Chicken Alfredo with a delicious white sauce is absolutely the dish you want to prepare fresh pasta for before serving it to the family. A pasta cutter is nice and if you do not have one do not let that stop you from getting the recipe for fresh pasta and cutting the Alfredo noodles yourself. The strips are wider than spaghetti and most linguine noodles, and your family will be too busy eating dinner to get out a tape measure and check to see if each one is the same width. Continue reading
A round lasagna makes an interesting change from a rectangular one. The lasagna itself is based on an authentic lasagna recipe but the shape is different. If you enjoy making new takes on old classics, you might like to try out this flavorful round lasagna recipe. Containing chicken, mushrooms, three kinds of cheese, spinach and more, this offers you a hearty and full-flavored meal.
If you prefer to make this in the traditional shape by all means go ahead, but a round lasagna is more unusual. You will not waste any of the trimmed-off lasagna noodles (obviously these noodles are rectangular) because you can use them to fill in the gaps and you can use several noodles or pieces of noodles in one layer of the lasagna.
This is an unusual dish, not only because of the shape but also because of the ingredients. Rather than a tomato-based sauce, we are going to use cherry tomatoes in the lasagna and use a creamy pasta sauce between the layers. If you can find a white sauce which is flavored with mushrooms that is the best one to go for. It really complements the chicken and mushrooms. You will need a small jar or about two thirds of a medium-size one. Continue reading
If you and your family and friends enjoy trying out various types of chicken and vegetable recipes, you might like to learn how to make this delicious chicken and vegetable lasagna. If you and your family enjoy lasagna as well as chicken and various types of vegetables, this is the recipe for you. It may seem challenging to make; however, this is an easy to make lasagna recipe. It will make a great meal for lunchtime or dinner.
Another wonderful idea for making such a great tasting dish is to make it to take with you when you are attending a potluck dinner or even a social event. Just about, everyone loves lasagna. When you take this recipe with you to serve to others at such functions, you may find that you will not have to worry about taking home any leftovers. So making one to take with you and another to stay at home is a good idea too.
If you love traditional lasagna recipes, you will enjoy this chicken lasagna as well. It makes for a nice change of pace when you enjoy eating with family on lasagna night. Why not surprise your family and friends with a new and flavorful dish of homemade chicken and vegetable lasagna tonight? Continue reading
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (411651 Views)
- Home (147517 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (71662 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29259 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21402 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15208 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14210 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11971 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11809 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11542 Views)