creating your own lasagna recipes
An Introduction to Lasagna
Lasagna really needs very little in the way of an introduction since almost everybody is already familiar with this mouthwatering dish. If you are looking for a recipe which brings meat, cheese, a creamy sauce, vegetables and more into perfect harmony, look no further than our tasty and easy lasagna recipes.
Lasagna is a famous dish all over the world. Despite its Italian origins, this tasty creamy noodle, meat, and vegetable dish has achieved global fame and most people love lasagna the instant they taste their first one. Lasagna is like most recipes in that homemade lasagna is a world away from the kind you can buy frozen and boxed. Freshly made lasagna gives off an incredible aroma while it bakes and the flavor is really mouthwatering.
How Easy Can Lasagna Be?
Lasagna is a very easy dish to make and if you have been eating frozen boxed lasagnas for years, you have really been missing out on the goodness and amazing flavor of homemade lasagna. Making this tasty dish does not take long. You will need to chop some vegetables, brown some meat and assemble the lasagna in a dish before you bake it, but there is nothing much more to it than that.
The fact that there are so many different recipes for lasagna means you can pick out the one that tempts you the most, whether that is a classic ground beef lasagna with a creamy ricotta sauce, a gourmet seafood lasagna, a chicken or turkey lasagna, a no-meat one, or even something exotic and international.
There are lasagna recipes for everyone and even if you do not want to use noodles there are lasagna recipes with rice instead or with sliced vegetables or other noodle substitutions. There really is something to suit every taste.
How to Serve Lasagna
This dish can be served on its own if you like, since it includes all the food groups. Combining pasta, vegetables, meat, and sauce, a piping hot plate of lasagna makes a satisfying and hearty meal on its own. If you do want to serve something with it, you can choose from other comfort food options like garlic bread or fries, or something healthy such as a tossed salad or some vegetables.
If you are making a vegetable lasagna recipe, you will not want to serve vegetables on the side but if you are making a basic beef lasagna with mushrooms in it, for example, you might like to serve creamed spinach or steamed broccoli with the lasagna, to boost the nutrient count.
More Reasons to Make a Lovely Lasagna
Lasagna is a soft food, making it easy to eat with a spoon or a fork, as you prefer, and it is easy for everyone to eat, from young children to the elderly. This universal dish is also very simple to prepare and you will love the ease of preparation just as much as your family will love eating the results of your cooking.
This dish keeps for a few days in the refrigerator and it also freezes and thaws well, so you can save time by making a big batch of your favorite lasagna recipe and freezing it in individual portions. Then you will be able to thaw it out any time you fancy a fantastic lasagna fix.
The perfectly balanced flavors of lasagna make it a dish which is dear to our hearts and if you have never made your own lasagna before, you are going to be delighted when you realize how easy it is to prepare from scratch.
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (411651 Views)
- Home (147516 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (71662 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29259 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21402 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15208 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14210 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11971 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11809 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11541 Views)