different types of lasagna recipes
There are dozens of types of lasagna and hundreds of different ways to make this dish unique and exciting. A lot of traditional lasagnas are made by alternating layers of noodles, meat, sauce, and cheese, although there are different ways to make it. There are meat lasagnas, seafood lasagnas, vegetarian lasagnas, cheese lasagnas, and dessert lasagnas to choose from.
Lasagna Recipes with Meat
Meat lasagna offers plenty of protein and is made with browned beef, eggs, cheese, tomato paste, whole tomatoes, noodles and usually garlic and onions too, as well as classic Italian seasonings. Meat lasagna can be made with other kinds of red meat or even poultry. Meat lasagna is the most common type of lasagna because many people find it to be the tastiest, but even if you are a real carnivore you might still enjoy sampling other kinds of lasagna from time to time.
Sumptuous Seafood Lasagna
If you are never tried a seafood lasagna, you have missed out. The delicate flavor salmon, crab or shrimp gives to a homemade lasagna is well worth trying, and you can combine different types of fish and seafood or stick to one type. Seafood lasagna recipes tend to be more delicate and aromatic than their meaty counterparts.
Non-Meat Lasagna Recipes
A vegetarian lasagna might contain a meat substitute such as tofu or it might feature plenty of tasty vegetables instead. Even if you are a meat-lover, you might still love to make vegetarian lasagnas from time to time, just for a change. Many vegetables work well in this dish, including mushrooms, spinach, artichoke hearts, asparagus, and eggplant.
Most veggie lasagna recipes contain a small amount of ricotta and mozzarella and you can add some olive oil and balsamic vinegar to bring out the flavor of the vegetables. Walnut pesto is a wonderful addition to vegetable lasagna, or you can serve it on the side.
Easy Cheesy Lasagna
A traditional cheese lasagna does not contain meat but it can be just as hearty and filling. A typical Italian cheese lasagna is made with ricotta, mascarpone, Parmigiano-Reggiano, mozzarella and provolone. Italian seasonings like basil leaves, thyme, parsley, oregano, and minced garlic are added to complement and enhance the subtle cheese flavors.
You can use pretty much any cheese you like to make a cheese lasagna. Some cheeses are stronger than others so you should use more of the subtle-tasting cheeses instead of letting the stronger ones completely overpowering them, but it is totally up to you which cheeses you use in your next easy cheese lasagna recipe.
How to Make a Dessert Lasagna
Although dessert lasagna is not a classic Italian dish, it is unusual enough to spark plenty of conversation at your next dinner party. This rich and filling dessert is often served in small squares on a dark chocolate sauce-drizzled dessert plate. Sugar, cocoa, eggs, and ricotta cheese are blended together, then orange zest and chocolate chips are added.
This mixture is spread over the bottom of a baking dish, and then egg noodles and pistachio nuts go on top. These layers are repeated several times and then the dessert lasagna is baked for half an hour or so, and then topped with grated white chocolate. You can imagine how stunning this dessert lasagna looks, as well as its magnificent flavor.
The sky is the limit when it comes to vegetable lasagna recipes, and you can try putting any of your favorite types of veggies into the next lasagna you make. Whether you love broccoli, zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, or bell peppers the most, you will find that pasta, veggies and lasagna sauce are natural partners. Add some carefully selected herbs and your favorite cheese, and you will have everything required for a great lasagna recipe. One of the great things about homemade lasagna recipes is that you have the freedom to use whichever vegetables you want, to boost the nutritional content and the flavor of your lasagna.
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (412062 Views)
- Home (147733 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (72270 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (29325 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (21423 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (15223 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (14234 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11987 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11819 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11549 Views)