easy pasta recipes
This is a very simple recipe. A pinch of chili powder transforms this from a simple chicken and tomato pasta recipe to something with a little more kick. If you want to use fresh chilies you can take your pick from any of them, using the kind of chili pepper you prefer. Ground chili powder also works, or try some chipotle for the slightly smoky flavor it imparts.
You can use any kind of tomato-based pasta sauce, either a very simple one or maybe tomato and herbs or even tomato and garlic. You could even use your own pasta sauce recipe if you have a nice one, perhaps something your mother or grandmother taught you to make. If you are in a rush though there is no problem using a jar of sauce instead. Some people like to use quite a lot of sauce while others prefer a light coating. In Italy not much sauce is used, and pasta is certainly not served swimming in sauce, so use your discretion as regards the ratio of sauce to pasta.
It makes sense to cook the pasta at the same time as cooking the sauce, then you can combine them at the end, rather than cook the pasta first and have it sitting in a colander getting cold and sticky. If the pasta is ready a minute or two early though, it really will not matter. Adjust the amount of chili if you want it spicier or milder, or even leave it out altogether if you do not want any heat in the dish.
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404581 Views)
- Home (142163 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64987 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27770 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20444 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14870 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13718 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11786 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11344 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11329 Views)