ham and pineapple pizza
This delicious Hawaiian pizza features the flavor of provolone, which is a whole milk cow cheese from the south of Italy. It is also produced in Japan and in the United States. In addition to the cheese in this Hawaiian pizza sauce, red onion, pineapple, green bell pepper, and cooked ham are used for a real taste of Hawaii.
Not all Hawaiian pizza recipes feature bell pepper or onion but they add flavor and crunch to this delicious Hawaiian pizza recipe. This is very easy to make. You just need to arrange the ingredients on the dough base and bake the pizza for half an hour.
This is not a traditional Hawaiian dish, but an Italian recipe with Hawaiian accents for perfect harmony. The recipe calls for ‘Hawaiian style pizza sauce’ which might feature ingredients like sweet roasted peppers and honey. If you cannot find such a thing at the grocery store and you do not want to make your own, any tasty tomato sauce will work in this recipe. You might be interested to learn that Hawaiian pizza does not actually originate from Hawaii but it was invented in 1960 by Sam Panopoulos from Chatham, Ontario. Continue reading
This ham and pineapple pizza recipe is simple to make and you will need just five ingredients. Ham, pineapple, cheese, and green bell pepper are combined to make the topping for this ham and pineapple pizza recipe and the result is very tasty.
You can also add some chopped bacon to this Hawaiian pizza for more flavor if you want to. Hawaiian pizza recipes are very popular and the sweetness of the pineapple combines well with the savory tastes in this ham and pineapple pizza recipe. This pizza is great hot but also very nice served cold the following day if you have any left over.
A lot of Hawaiian recipes feature pineapple, since this tropical fruit is so popular in Hawaii, and nice for both savory and sweet recipes. Soy often combines with the pineapple in some Hawaiian recipes but that would not work here, so instead we are using other complementary ingredients which go perfectly with the pizza. Continue reading
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404813 Views)
- Home (142323 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (65171 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27806 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20457 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14890 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13731 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11792 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11355 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11334 Views)