These fluffy little pillows of deliciousness are so simple to make, and economical too. There are various types of gnocchi you can make, but this one is made with ricotta cheese for a lovely creamy tang. You will need to make it from scratch then knead the dough, break it into little pieces, and that is your gnocchi. You can then cook it in boiling water and add some parmesan and/or garlic butter just before serving. Although a smaller portion makes a nice appetizer, a larger one is ideal for your main dish, perhaps served with a green salad alongside.
You can buy gnocchi readymade from the store, and perhaps you have already seen it in there, but making your own is so easy so you might as well give it a try, and you will also end up with something fresh-tasting and authentic which you can take pride in. Flour, egg, oil and ricotta are combined to make your gnocchi and, if you want a traditional look, you can press a fork down on each one to make a nice ridged design on them.
Put the gnocchi in a pot of boiling water, then wait until they rise up to the top. Give them an extra minute to ensure they are cooked properly, and then you can drain the gnocchi and serve it, preferably on warmed plates, and maybe with some salad or vegetables on the side. Making gnocchi is an art but a very simple one, so if you are not quite ready to start making your own fresh pasta, begin with gnocchi instead, and you will discover how delightfully easy cooking authentic Italian food from scratch can be. Continue reading
Everyone likes pizza a different way, and you will find that no two people will ask for the same type of pizza. Some people prefer a thick crust, while others would much rather have a thin crusted pizza. Many people like their tomato sauce to be acidic, while others prefer a slightly sweet sauce. The toppings are always a source of controversy, but homemade pizza is able to accommodate everyone.
The homemade pizza recipe below is designed to be made exactly as you like, and you will find that the rich combination of cheese with a thick pizza crust and tomato sauce will be the perfect dinner. The meat lovers toppings of pepperoni combined with diced bell peppers and onions will be the perfect combination for anyone who loves rich pizza, and you will find that your dinner incredibly simple and delicious.
The thing that most people love about homemade pizza is the fact that they are able to make it according to their tastes. You can choose the toppings for your pizza, but you will find that the standard toppings are always the best. While it may be fun to experiment with different toppings, you can always rely on the fact that pepperoni, onions, and bell peppers are the best pizza toppings for any occasion. Continue reading
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404464 Views)
- Home (142044 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64822 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27740 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20424 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14865 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13701 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11782 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11330 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11326 Views)