how to make a lasagna recipe
Any good mama wants her children to have the very best when it gets to be mealtime or snack time. Including good wholesome ingredients in the foods you eat daily help make a family strong. You can include all the delicious and healthy ingredients you want or need when you learn how to make a lasagna even mama can love.
Mama loves lasagna recipes because they are a quick and easy type of recipe. You just choose the lasagna recipe you want to use, gather the ingredients, and follow the easy to follow directions. Include any type of vegetables and herbs you might like to while making this type of dish. For instance, you might include anything from tomatoes, bell peppers, mushrooms and onions to carrots, garlic, yellow squash, eggplant, black beans, zucchini and spinach.
Feel free to include any other type of vegetables, herbs, and or spices you and your family prefer. Herbs and spices to consider can be anything from oregano, rosemary, and sage to basil, parsley and more. You can add all sorts of different tastes and textures of cheeses if you like, while making your own homemade lasagna recipe. You can make any type of lasagna you might like best whether it is turkey lasagna, vegetable lasagna, or even the type of lasagna sauce recipe your family will enjoy.
After you learn how to make a lasagna recipe, you will be surprised at how quick and easy they make meal planning around your house. This is what makes knowing how to make lasagna even mama can love will be something you will be proud of too.
Herbs and Spices for Lasagna
When learning how to make a lasagna, it is important to learn about which herbs and spices you can use to enhance the flavors in the dish. Lasagna is not a spicy dish, unless you are making an international version of it like Mexican lasagna with cayenne pepper and chili powder, but some people like to add a pinch of nutmeg to their lasagna recipe. Nutmeg goes beautifully with the cheese layer and many Italians like to use this trick to bring the cheese flavor out even more.
Season Lasagna with Aromatic Herbs
As for herbs, plenty of lasagna recipes call for parsley, oregano, and basil but these are not the only herbs you can choose from. Perhaps you are making a cheese lasagna, in which case you might like to add sage, rosemary, and thyme as well, to complement the cheesy taste. If you grow fresh herbs in your own garden, you can add a selection of these to your homemade lasagna recipe.
Aromatic herbs are delicious when teamed with lasagna. Save a sprig of parsley or basil to garnish the lasagna after baking it. When you use herbs in a lasagna recipe, the wonderful aroma will be all over the house.
If you do not have any seasonings but you want to make lasagna, you can substitute a pinch of Italian seasoning mix in most lasagna recipes. The flavor will not be identical to using fresh herbs but the lasagna will have an Italian flavor.
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (403236 Views)
- Home (141180 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (63512 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27506 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20256 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14802 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13622 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11737 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11295 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11249 Views)