This is a wonderful weeknight dinner and you can throw it together surprisingly quickly. Just grab a package of macaroni cheese and add some creamy soup, tuna, cheese, milk, and parsley. This creamy, tasty mixture is then baked in the oven and you will be able to smell the mouthwatering aroma while this dish is cooking. We suggest sprinkling some extra cheese and parsley on top, but you can swap the parsley for dried basil if you prefer.
This tasty dish is sure to appeal to everyone in the family, from the youngest to the most senior, because the flavor is so good and there is really nothing not to like in here. If you wish to make tweaks, that is fine, and you could consider swapping the cream of celery soup for cream of chicken soup, or even mushroom soup. Use a condensed soup and do not dilute it before adding it to the dish.
This is a cheap and cheerful meal which you can even make in advance, then just pop it in the oven in the evening when you are ready to cook it. A salad or some vegetables will be nice on the side, or you could serve corn on the cob or garlic bread if you wish, or even some green asparagus tips. Take your pick from any of these, or serve another favorite side dish. Keep the Italian theme going by serving a tasty dessert such as tiramisu or a homemade apricot or vanilla mousse perhaps. Continue reading
Do you want to make something easy, cheesy and delicious for your family? If so, this recipe is well worth considering. It is one of the best pasta casseroles you can make. What is a casserole, you might be wondering. It is a French word and the term for both the cooking vessel and what is in it. A pasta casserole is similar to a pasta bake, and is usually topped with cheese and full of tasty ingredients.
The following recipe can be compared to a cheeseburger because it includes both beef and cheese, although the macaroni adds an Italian touch, and the garlic, paprika and oregano add aromatic flavors. The cheese topping is really delicious, and the 2 kinds of sauces add moisture as well as added flavor to this dish. This is made in stages. You need to make the meat sauce in one pan, cook the pasta in another, then combine them. The casserole itself is made by layering marinara sauce with the beef mixture, then more marinara sauce, and finally delicious cheese on top.
This is a bit of a fusion recipe. Although most of the ingredients are used in Italian cooking, this style of dish is American at heart, if you look more closely at it. It could even be termed American-Italian, since it boasts the comfort food appeal of American cuisine as well as the distinctive Italian flavors you would expect from a macaroni casserole. If you want a side dish, consider a baby leaf salad with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar as the dressing. Continue reading
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404581 Views)
- Home (142163 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64987 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27770 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20444 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14870 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13718 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11786 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11344 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11329 Views)