You may think there is little if any reason to learn how to make marshmallow lasagna, after all it really does not sound that appetizing. However if you take a look at the ingredients list you will quickly discover that this could indeed be a delicious treat! A bit like rice krispy treats, with a few differences.
Instead of using the typical rice crispy cereal you can use special K or just a basic corn flake cereal along with butter and marshmallows.
Mix butter, marshmallows together, and heat either on the stove over low heat or in the microwave at full power for a minute and a half or so. If you are making these on the stove top, you will want to use low to medium heat and stir frequently to prevent scorching.
When marshmallows are fully melted quickly, fold in your cereal of choice. Use butter or cooking spray to coat your hands and press this mixture into a baking dish for cooling and cutting. This is not traditional “lasagna” however; it is a treat your kids will love! No more running to the store when you are out of crispy rice cereals.
Dress up your marshmallow lasagna with any variety of candy additions. Chocolate chips, M&M’s, sprinkles and more can change up the flavor and appearance of your lasagna.
The Best Fillings for Dessert Lasagna
Dessert lasagna might not be a traditional Italian dish but since pasta can be used to make sweet recipes as well as savory ones, it might be something worth considering if you are a keen dessert cook.
Because lasagna noodles are a simple combination of flour and water (and sometimes eggs), this means they are nice with sweet ingredients. So if you fancy making something unusual but tasty, why not cook your lasagna sheets, sandwich them together with sweet fillings and chill the resulting dish.
Unique Sub Heading
You can choose from melted chocolate, caramel, or fudge candies, fresh fruit, whipped cream, and marshmallows. Perhaps you are wondering how to make marshmallow lasagna for the kids or how to make something elegant for your next dinner party. Either way, you can take your pick from all kinds of wonderful sweet fillings and use them to stick cooked lasagna sheets together.
Serve the finished dessert lasagna with a scoop of sorbet or ice cream, or even some whipped cream and ice cream syrup. This will certainly be a talking point and there will be plenty of dinner table conversation when you present your magnificent dessert lasagna.
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404581 Views)
- Home (142163 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64987 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27769 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20444 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14870 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13718 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11786 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11344 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11329 Views)