This recipe is perfect if you want to make something tasty and satisfying for the family. Although a lot of people toss their pasta with tomato sauce and perhaps some chicken, there are so many other pasta dishes to try, and this one is hearty and flavorful enough to resemble a restaurant-quality dish. Penne is the pasta we have suggested, but you can use macaroni or another type if you prefer. Pasta spirals would also work.
This colorful dish includes bell pepper, tomatoes, chorizo, and mozzarella, and then you have some garlic and chili powder to add enticing flavor accents. The sauce is prepared first and then the mixture goes into a baking dish, is topped with mozzarella, and then you can bake it until the cheese topping is slightly crispy at the edges and melting in gooey perfection over the casserole.
The amount of chili you add is up to you, but if your chorizo is on the spicy end of the spectrum you might want to only add a little chili. Leave it out completely if you are making this for kids, unless they have an adventurous palate. You can also tweak the other ingredients if you wish, perhaps swapping the bell pepper for mushrooms or zucchini, or swapping the chorizo for chicken. Make the dish your own. What really makes it great, apart from the delicious Italian flavor, is that layer of cheese melting over the top of the dish. Serve this with garlic bread and a simple green salad perhaps. Continue reading
Full-flavored and creamy, this gnocchi bake features salmon, spinach, 2 kinds of cheese, and gnocchi, for an incredible taste and plenty of interesting textures. First you need to make the gnocchi and you can make that with potato. Either make some mashed potato or use leftover mashed potato if you have it. The quickest way to make them is to peel, chop and boil the potatoes and then use a masher or a potato ricer. You can then mix and shape your gnocchi and boil them.
On top of the gnocchi goes a mixture of salmon and spinach, and for the best result use fresh salmon and spinach. Then you can add cream, mozzarella, olive slices (these are for saltiness but omit them if you are not keen) and a little parmesan cheese. Then it is time to bake the dish in the oven to crisp up the cheese topping and reheat the gnocchi and lower layers. Serve it piping hot, and the dinner table will be silent as your family are savoring every mouthful and really enjoying this lovely dish.
Not only is this an impressive recipe but it is pure Italian comfort food too, offering a complete meal in one – you have the starch, the fish, some veggies and the creamy sauce. If you want to serve a side dish too, consider a simple tossed green salad, or perhaps some asparagus if you prefer something hot. Feel free to make tweaks, like using well-drained thawed salmon, cod instead of salmon, or adding tomato concentrate to the cream to add another flavor, or else just make the recipe as it is written. Either way it will be delicious. Continue reading
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (403506 Views)
- Home (141380 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (63802 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27552 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20293 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14824 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13649 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11745 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11308 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11267 Views)