As you know my step dad is a vegetarian so I have been adding many different vegetarian recipes to all of my sites lately. The choice really isn’t that hard as so many recipes it really is easy to leave the meat out of them in favor of a recipe that is more inclusive. This is just such a recipe why introduce a meat element into a dish that really doesn’t call for it in the first place. I mean why you would want to add anything to pasta primavera in the first place is beyond me, it is loaded with so much all ready another ingredient would just get lost in the mix.
So although I am not a vegetarian myself (when bacon grows on trees maybe) I am sensitive to the fact that they love good food too and as such I feel inclined to offer them a selection of recipes when possible that will give a well deserved break from meat. I respect anyone’s choice to become a non meat eater I understand all the points and respect people’s right to their own choice.
I am trying to take a much more open attitude to food especially different choices and cultures and as such have made many new discoveries that help keep my job constantly interesting. It seems each and every day I am learning something new about food and when you have been doing this as long as I have that is saying something. This October will be my oldest websites tenth anniversary which in Internet terms is like being Coke. Now one of the reasons I have been able to do this so long is I am constantly trying new things and in my case that means new foods. If you are like me and love exploring new food, then come along for the ride it is just starting out and I promise it will be anything if not interesting to discover where I end up next no matter what site I am doing that day. Continue reading
Taking just 20 minutes to make, from beginning to end, this is a wonderful dish for busy weeknights when you want something nutritious and appetizing but which does not require you to stand over the stove for hours. This is a smart recipe which blends pasta with frozen vegetables, some leftover chicken or ham if you have some, and your favorite pasta sauce, and the result is something that will appeal to the whole family.
This colorful pasta dish can be served by itself or with some garlic bread, salad or any other side dishes you like. It is a whole meal though because it has the pasta, vegetables, meat (if using) and sauce too, so you do not really need a side dish unless you particularly want to make one. Feel free to double the recipe and make extra if you want, because it can be reheated the following day or a couple days later, either in a pan or in the microwave. You could even serve the leftovers cold as a salad.
Feel free to make any changes to the recipe you want, such as swapping the penne pasta for another kind of pasta shape, using a creamy sauce if you want a change from tomato-based sauces, or even tossing the finished pasta in a little extra-virgin olive oil and sautéed minced garlic instead of using a jar of sauce. The kind of vegetables you use is up to you. Grab a package of mixed frozen vegetables, nice colorful ones if possible, and use that. Carrots, green beans, corn, broccoli, cauliflower, and other veggies work well. Continue reading
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404816 Views)
- Home (142324 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (65171 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27806 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20457 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14890 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13731 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11792 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11355 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11334 Views)