sausage pizza recipe
This is a delicious and rich tasting pepperoni and sausage pizza. The sharp saltiness of the pepperoni contrasts beautifully with the spiciness of the sausage. Try to use real Italian sausage in this sausage and pepperoni pizza recipe because Italian sausage contains fennel seeds, which taste really good.
The onion and tomatoes add flavor. There is no pizza sauce used in this pizza recipe and, in fact, a lot of authentic Italian pizza recipes use fresh chopped tomatoes rather than a thick, sweet pizza sauce for a more natural flavor. Fresh tomatoes, which we are going to use in this pizza recipe, also go very nicely with the Italian sausage.
Get the oven nice and hot and this will help to crisp up the crust. Because you are using cooked toppings you really only want to brown the crust in the oven and melt the cheese, as well as heat through your toppings, so if your oven reaches 500 degrees F that is great, but 450 degrees F will also work if that is as hot as it gets. The pizza stone you are using needs to be heated up in the oven for half an hour, so you can take that time preparing your toppings. Continue reading
The meatiness of the sausage and the fruitiness of the pineapple complement one another wonderfully in this sausage pizza recipe. A lot of people are amazed when they first experience pineapple on pizza because it goes so beautifully with ham, sausage or any other meats and it soon becomes a firm favorite.
The red pepper goes nicely with the sausage and gives this Hawaii sausage pizza a bit of bite. If you like sweet toppings on your pizza recipes, try this one because the fresh pineapple is simply wonderful as a topping alongside the meat. For a slightly different flavor, you can use turkey sausage instead of regular sausage. It is just as nice.
This is a pizza of contrasts, because you have the saltiness of the meat along with the sweetness of the pineapple. In addition to the other toppings, those 2 ingredients work beautifully on this pizza. If you are new to pineapple on pizza, you will love what the sweetness does for the overall flavor. Continue reading
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (404460 Views)
- Home (142043 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (64822 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27739 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20421 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14865 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13701 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11781 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11329 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11326 Views)