Seafood pizza is a nice alternative to the traditional cheese and tomato pie, and there are so many different options. This one features crab, shrimp, mushrooms, and pineapple as seafood pizza toppings, as well as sliced black olives. If you are concerned about fat content, consider using low fat cheeses – just make sure that they melt well. Imitation crab meat can also be used, but will not have the same kind of flavor.
Use this pizza with your favorite medium thickness crust recipe, or simply purchase a premade crust from the grocery store. While fresh is certainly better, these can be extremely convenient. You will love this delicious seafood pizza recipe!
Seafood not only makes a change from beef, pork and chicken when using it as a pizza topping, but it also adds an elegant touch to the dish. Seafood is capable of doing that to any dish whether you are using it to add elegance to a pasta or risotto dish, including it in a salad, or using it in a sandwich recipe. You do not need a lot of seafood to make an exquisite pizza either. Just a few items will give your pizza gourmet status and qualify it as a true seafood pizza recipe. Consider finishing the pizza off by adding a few cooked clams or mussels in their shells, for picture-perfect presentation. Continue reading
Lasagna is usually a hot dish which is baked in the oven and served as an entree, between the appetizers and the dessert. However, what about if you like the concept of sandwiching a filling between lasagna sheets (or something else) for an appetizer or dessert? The good news is there are appetizer lasagna recipes and dessert lasagna recipes as well as the more traditional ones. Take the following appetizer lasagna recipe for example. Using beets instead of pasta keeps this lasagna light and healthy and adding a chilled shrimp filling gives it a gourmet touch. You can cook your own beets or use ones from a jar; use them as they are or trim them into rectangles. You can drain the slices on paper towels if you do not want a lot of juice.
This is a simple recipe, combining thin slices of beets with a creamy shrimp and mandarin orange mixture. It is light, refreshing and makes a wonderful appetizer. Purists might argue that a lasagna has to contain lasagna noodles and if you like you can replace the beets with those. Boil them first and when they are tender use them in place of the beets. This will make the appetizer heavier but more like a traditional lasagna recipe.
The garnish for this seafood lasagna is up to you. In the recipe we have suggested lemon, chives, and a spoonful of pesto but you can add tomato wedges, fresh parsley or basil, cocktail onions or anything else you want. This is a modern, creative appetizer so feel free to put your own stamp on it and make it as decorative and unique as you like. Continue reading
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (403236 Views)
- Home (141179 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (63512 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27506 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20256 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14802 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13621 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11737 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11295 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11249 Views)