why homemade lasagna recipes are wonderfully unique
Lasagna is not only one of the best pasta recipes in the world, but it is also one of the most ancient. Dating back to the ancient Greeks, this hearty recipe makes a wonderful dinner.
Lovely lasagna features layers of thin pasta, hot melted cheese, fresh Italian herbs, savory meat and tango tomato sauce, and this amazing concoction is one of the best loved recipes ever. It is just a shame that so many people have only sampled frozen boxed lasagna or eaten it in restaurants, when it is so easy to make at home.
No Side Dishes Required
Lasagna is unique because it combines all the food groups in one dish. The pasta, meat, vegetables, and sauce work together in harmony to make the dish really well balanced and you do not need to make side dishes because lasagna is a complete meal. If you dread having lots of pots bubbling over on the stove, just make a lasagna and pop it in the oven until it is done.
It really is that easy to make homemade lasagna. If you are making your own recipe, you can tweak the recipe if you want to and make it uniquely yours, because everyone has their own palate, preferences, and favorite tastes. Many lasagna recipes keep well in the refrigerator for a few days or freeze for months.
Cooking Tips for Perfect Lasagna Recipes
If you want to make delicious lasagna, then follow the Italians’ example and use fresh produce wherever possible. You can cheat and use a canned tomato sauce but make your own if you have time. You could even make your own pasta noodles and mozzarella cheese if you wanted to make lasagna totally from scratch, but often it is enough to use fresh ingredients where possible and make sure the others are high quality ingredients. Use good quality olive oil and ground beef, for example, and fresh herbs if the recipe calls for fresh. The finished lasagna will taste really good then.
Making and Freezing Lasagna
Lasagna can be made in bulk and frozen because it freezes really well. You can freeze uncooked lasagna or cooked lasagna and either cook it or reheat it when you are ready to serve it. If you are going to make lasagna in bulk, you will need to prepare all your ingredients before you begin. Making several lasagnas can be time-consuming but just think how much time you are going to save on busy weeknights when, instead of cooking from scratch, all you need to do is pop a frozen homemade lasagna into the oven.
Serving lasagna for dinner ensures your whole family will have a delicious meal. Whether you opt for traditional beef lasagna made in the Italian way, a tasty vegetable-rich lasagna, something with seafood, or even an international take on this classic favorite dish, there is something for every palate when it comes to the best lasagna recipes. You can even get away with finely chopped or minced veggies between the creamy, cheesy pasta layers, and have your kids enjoy them. It is not always easy to get the kids to enjoy new foods but if they already like classic lasagna, they should also like any new variations you want to try out.
- Homemade Italian Sausage and Spinach Calzone May 7, 2016
- Classic Italian Chicken Saltimbocca April 22, 2016
- Hunter Style Baked Italian Chicken Cacciatore April 6, 2016
- Wild Mushroom Boletus Italian Style Soup April 3, 2016
- Vegetarian Pasta Primavera with Fettuccine March 30, 2016
- Roman Style Saltimbocca Alla Romana with Polenta March 25, 2016
- Classic Italian Dishes – Parmigiana Eggplant March 25, 2016
- Authentic Vegetarian Italian Asparagus Risotto March 23, 2016
- Rotisserie Chicken and Vegetable Risotto March 19, 2016
- Citrus Feta Cheese Risotto with Spinach March 18, 2016
- One of the Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipes with Ricotta Cheese (403514 Views)
- Home (141384 Views)
- Best Pizza Sauce for Home Made Pizza (63805 Views)
- Crispy Chicken Milanese with Herb (27552 Views)
- Authentic Clams Oreganata (20293 Views)
- The Best Bechamel in the World (14824 Views)
- Authentic Old World Italian Pizza Dough Recipe (13649 Views)
- Lasagna Rollups in the Slow Cooker (11746 Views)
- Classic Lasagna with Creamy Bechamel Sauce (11308 Views)
- Just How Far Ahead Can I Make Lasagna (11268 Views)